Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sunlight Can Boost Your Mood Attitude and Possibly Fight off Depression

One lesson I learned today was something I noticed toward the end of this day. I had spent the day at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, Louisiana with a bunch of high school students. I spent about 2:30 taking pictures and videos of all the animals. When I got back home to Baton Rouge, I sat down on my computer to read. My mood was so good and I was so happy and I could not explain why. The only explanation I could come up with was the time I had spent in the Sun that day. My face was even a little read but I did not burn my skin much. Sunlight can be such a mood buster if taken in the right dosage. I rarely got sun most days previous to this day and my mood was not a totally positive one like I experienced at the end of this day. Pretty cool stuff. Lesson learned: Spend a few minutes each day in direct sunlight and soak in the rays. It will enhance your mood and your outlook on life.
-April 27, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment